Tuesday 8 May 2012

My experience with acrylic nails + nail envy original review


acrylic nails
Yes, those are were my nails. Not real, unsurprisingly.



I understand they may not be to everyone's taste, but I bloody loved them. Unfortunately, they now look like this....


They aren't as dirty as they look, I promise.

I had to give up my beloved acrylics because a) they were breaking too regularly, as in full on snapping off and virtually tearing my nail from the nailbed in the process, b) it was getting too tiresome and expensive to get them filled (and repaired), c) my nails themselves were getting in worse and worse condition and c) they were downright impossible to type with.

I did used to be able to grow my nails quite long naturally, but just couldn't be bothered with the upkeep of them, or the time it took to grow them. So I took the easy way out. And to be fair, I did love having my nails on and I do miss them. But life is easier with my natural nails. Or it would be, if I hadn't battered them with all the filing and glueing, filing and glueing.

So in comes nail envy...

I've somehow made the bottle look like a mini, but it's not


 I picked this up from Boots for £18ish, whilst fighting with the thought of "BUT THAT'S AN INFILL!", planning on getting my nails back to a decent enough condition to either grow them myself, or at least strengthen them for a bit. I'm sure everyone has heard of how amazing this is meant to be, almost to the point of painting it on at night and waking up in the morning with talons like my first picture (this may not have ever been said before just then). 

I've been using it for about a month now, the directions say you should paint on two coats, then one coat every other day for a week, before you remove it all and start again.
Now I'm sorry, but I have over 80 different bottles of nail colour. I could not for the life of me keep them bare for a week. What I've been doing is painting two coats on one night, planning with good faith to leave it on for the week, and then getting bored of my naked nails throughout the day at work, going home and painting over it.


pastel skittle manicure nails
like so


To be fair despite really not abiding by the instructions they are in a lot better condition; they're more solid andthe free edge has been growing just past my finger before one of them splits, but that's my point. They're still splitting.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone with weak nails, but it is absolutely not a miracle cure and you do need to persevere with it, but I'm really really considering getting my acrylics back. I just prefer the freaky talon look.

What do you think? 
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment